2211 West Fourth Avenue
Certifications & Awards
- VanCity Credit Union award for "Ethics in Action"
- Architect: Hotson Bakker Boniface Haden
- Engineer: Yoneda & Associates
- Owner: Salt Lick Projects Ltd.
- Structural Engineer: Bush Bohlman & Partners Ltd.
- Mechanical Engineer: Yoneda & Associates
- Electrical Engineer: Mulvey & Banani Intl.
- Landscape Architect: Durante Kreuk Ltd.
- Contractor: Intertech Construction
Key Sustainability Features
- Ground source heat pump
- Double exterior wall system
- Thermally separated windows
Often refered to as the Capers Building, this project has become a much-referenced example of green building practices.
Much more than a corner market, the entire complex uses a ground source heat pump to heat and cool, a rainscreen envelope, a double exterior wall system, and thermally separated windows resulting in excellent acoustic, moisture, and insulation performance.
The building’s lighting strategies maximize daylight and feature low-energy electric fixtures. Residents enjoy low-emission carpets made from recycled pop bottles, filtered water, and usable green roof space.
This post was imported from the 'Greater Vancouver Green Guide', it's part of the 'Green Guide Portal' to the Green Building Brain.